- Strawberries are the only fruit that has their seed on the outside.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
- There is a museum in Belgium just for strawberries.
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- 94% of US households consume strawberries each year.
- The average American eats 3.4 lbs. of fresh strawberries each year.
- An average strawberry has 200 seeds.
- Over 53% of seven- nine year olds pick strawberries as their favorite fruit.
- There are over 200 species of raspberries.
- Once raspberries have been picked they will not ripen any further.
- Raspberries can be red, black, purple, and golden in color.
- Black raspberries are different from black berries.
- Raspberries are the most delicate fruit because they have a hallow core.
- Raspberries are a member of the rose family.
- Raspberry plant can live for at least ten years.
- Raspberries are made up of many connecting, individual pieces of fruit, each with its own seed that represents a central core.